Ethereum is currently the second most valuable cryptocurrency in the world after Bitcoin. More and more people are investing in this as time goes on; as a result, there is an increasing need for secure Ethereum wallets.
If you’re looking to take advantage of the Ethereum platform, one of your first decisions will be deciding on an Ethereum wallet to use. With so many options out there, choosing the right one can be difficult.
What is Ethereum wallet?
For investors, choosing the right Ethereum wallet is a crucial part of the investment process.
How can you test the wallet before making a commitment? What are the pros and cons of using an online wallet vs. an offline one? How secure are the different options?
All these questions can be answered by carefully evaluating the 10 Ethereum wallets listed below.
We’ve also included a detailed analysis of each wallet.
Get secure Crypto analysis team has worked for days on this, so you can use it to make an informed decision and invest in a wallet that works for you.
Another Input — If you’re after the best Ethereum wallet for storing your Ether, you’re going to need to do your research. There are literally hundreds of wallets to choose from. They all have different features, fees, pros, and cons. To make your life easier, we’ve put together a list of our top picks for the best Ethereum wallets for storing Ether.
Here are Best 10 Ethereum wallets to help you secure your assets.
Coinbase is a web and mobile platform that allows you to buy, sell, and exchange over 100 digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin. Coinbase acts as a cryptocurrency exchange or broker for users to convert their fiat currency into crypto. The company has been growing in recent years, with over 73 million active users and $255 billion in fiat currency (USD) on the platform.
Coinbase is one of the best Ethereum wallets that can be used to buy, sell, send, and store digital currencies. The wallet offers secure offline storage for a wide range of digital assets. The platform is supported by more than 100 countries.
- Simple and easy to use for cryptocurrency beginners
- Get $5 in free Bitcoin for signing up
- Support for a wide variety of cryptocurrencies
- Getting paid in cryptocurrency
- Coinbase Pro offers lower pricing
- You can buy and sell any digital currency and keep track of them in one place.
- The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- The trading of currency can be scheduled daily, weekly, or monthly.
- A vault is used to keep your funds safe.
Ledger Nano X
The Ledger Nano X is up there with the best hardware wallets on the market for securing your cryptocurrency. The Nano X offers well-designed and feature-rich apps for mobile and desktop that make managing and adding to your portfolio simple.
The Ledger Nano X is one of the most affordable Ethereum hardware wallets available today for keeping your digital wealth as safe as possible. With the Nano X, you do not have to worry about your private keys being stolen since they are stored offline on the device itself.
The Ledger Nano X is priced at $119. It also includes free shipping almost anywhere in the world.
- USB-compatible devices can easily access it.
- The Ledger allows you to install 100 applications.
- Secure and manage all your crypto through this ERC20 wallet.
- Authentication is done using two factors.
- Operating systems: Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), and Linux
Ledger Nano S
The Ledger Nano S is one of the most inexpensive Ethereum hardware wallets available (US$59). Here, Ether is stored offline on the device. Ledger Nano S hardware Ethereum wallet offers strong security by using a proprietary operating system and a secure chip.
Combine the Ledger Nano S with the Ledger Live app for maximum security and control over your crypto. The Ledger Nano S keeps your coins offline and protected.
- Ledger Nano S is less expensive than several other hardware wallets, making it a good low-cost, highly secure option
- Multi-signature Support
- Device times out after a period of inactivity
- Passphrase support
Trezor (Hardware wallet)
The Trezor wallet is one of the best Ethereum wallets in this space, providing top-notch security and easy use. It’s also backed by fantastic customer service that provides updates on new features or firmware releases – something other hardware wallets can’t do!
The price tag may be a bit steep for some people, but if you enjoy peace of mind when it comes to your coins’ safety, then there really isn’t any better option out there than with these products.
Not only does the Trezor offer top-notch security, but it’s also easy to use and offers fantastic customer service. If you’re looking for a wallet that will last your coins through any storm – this is definitely one of those!
The device is light and portable and comes in 3 colors – white, gray, and black – and costs $99.
- Top-notch security
- Supports a large number of cryptocurrencies (over 1,600)
- Maintaining regular firmware updates.
- Recovery and back-up
- Quick and easy to use.
- Expert features for advanced users.
MetaMAsk Ethereum Wallet ( Mobile+ Desktop)
If you’re an Ethereum investor, you need to get yourself a MetaMask wallet. This is the easiest and most user-friendly way to store your Ether and access the Ethereum network.
Metamask is like a browser for accessing the Ethereum network. It enables you to store and send your tokens, as well as allows access to decentralized apps on top of it all! The intuitive design takes control when interacting on the new decentralized web.
To protect your MetaMask account, you can create a hardware wallet (e.g. Ledger or Trezor) to store your private keys offline in a secure environment. This way, you’re safeguarding yourself from hackers and ensuring the safety of your Ether Wallet.
- User-friendly interface. The user interface is simple and easy to use for a product that interacts with the Ethereum blockchain.
- Account back-up. Users can automatically retrieve lost account information by using the seed phrase provided by Metamask.
- Control over private keys. Metamask stores public and private key pairs locally on the user’s computer rather than on Metamask servers, giving the user more control.
- Supported platforms: Chrome, Firefox, and Brave extensions.
- Supported coins: Ethereum
- Hardware Wallet Compatibility: Yes
- Type of Wallet: Software
Gemini is one of the leading Ethereum wallet trading options for legitimizing cryptocurrencies across the world. It’s an easy, simple, and secure method to build a cryptocurrency portfolio.
Gemini’s wallet infrastructure provides safe, secure access to all listed assets. Gemini has industry-leading security and protection to protect your bitcoin wallet, Ethereum wallets, and more. Invest with confidence.
- High-Security Storage
- World-class underwriting protects our digital assets against theft from our hot wallet
- Gemini has extensive internal controls for its production and storage environments
- It offers good security measures.
- Regulation equates to trust for many investors.
- Supported coins: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash
- Hardware Wallet Compatibility: No
- Security: Secure
- Type of Wallet: Software
Exodus (Desktop Wallet + mobile)
Exodus is the world’s first desktop wallet that supports multiple cryptocurrencies. It’s a free, secure, and user-friendly product. You can check your balance and both buy and sell coins right from inside Exodus because it also serves as an exchange platform.
The first desktop wallet to have ShapeShift built in, Exodus is a revolutionary software that supports seven cryptocurrencies, including Ethereum. It’s always online, but you don’t need to worry about private keys leaving your machine as they’re stored locally on the machine
With Exodus, you’ll gain access to easy tools that let you keep track of your portfolio of coins in a better way. As soon as you open Exodus, you’ll have a dynamic visual representation of your entire portfolio at the touch of your fingertips – just like opening up one big pie chart!
- All your favorite assets in one beautiful, easy-to-use wallet. Manage, exchange, and secure all your assets.
- Digital assets can be sent and received
- With Exodus, you can exchange assets within seconds while the complex details are hidden.
- On the go, you can keep track of market movements.
- You can exchange, send, and receive cryptocurrency using your desktop, mobile, and hardware wallets.
Mac, iPhone, Android, Linux, and Windows
Smart Contracts Support
Atomic Wallet (Desktop and Mobile)
With an easy-to-use interface, Atomic Wallet is the perfect solution for storing and exchanging Ethereum. The wallet also allows you to buy ETH with your bank card – meaning there’s no need to involve any intermediaries!
Atomic Wallet, available for over 300 cryptocurrencies, offers an interface to manage your ERC20 tokens. Basically, all that you need to do is input a contact address, and you will have your custom coin listed on Atomic Wallet. The wallet also stores your private keys on your device so that you can make transactions from anywhere with totally secure access.
- Atomic Swap allows the trading of 500 coins and tokens.
- Atomic wallets provide encrypted private keys that are saved on the users’ digital devices
- Suitable for beginners
- It is free to use
Zeno offers a keyless wallet that makes it simple and secure to invest in cryptocurrency. Create an account in just 19 seconds, ownership of your coins will be at stake with this non-custodial service!
- Send, receive, store, and trade crypto.
- Sell bitcoin in Europe, the United Kingdom, and the United States
- Buy Terra coins with 0% processing fees
- The platform supports over 70 crypto assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin.
- Your Bitcoin will earn you 4% APY
- Real agents are always available to help you
MyEtherWallet (MEW) is a free, open-source, client-side interface for generating Ethereum wallets & more. Unlike other cryptocurrency wallets that store crypto coins in the cloud, MEW (MyEtherWallet) is software that allows for the storage of ethers on personal computers instead.
The only thing that MyEtherWallet does is create the keys necessary for accessing your Ethereum coins and tokens. They’re not a trading platform, and they just allow you to store them safely on their site in one place.
To access your funds in MyEther’s browser environment, you can connect your Trezor or Ledger Nano S.
- Free open-source portal.
- Creates an individual wallet for users.
- Portal dedicated to Ethereum and its related altcoins.
- MyEtherWallet servers do not store funds or confidential data.
- Wallet – The user must store the private keys, and they are solely responsible for ensuring their safety.
How do I get an Ethereum wallet?
Here are the steps to get an Ethereum Wallet:
Create your Favorite Ethereum Wallet account. Then click on Buy/sell button.
Next, you must add a payment method. Choose Add Payment Method.
Step 3) You will then need to add a bank statement or credit/debit card. Whichever you prefer, we chose the credit/debit card option. If you prefer a bank transfer, you can select it too.
Step 4) Press the Continue button.
Step 5) Verifying your identity is necessary. We have selected a driving license as our form of identification.
Step 6) Upload your photo next. Enter your billing information after the photo verification is complete.
Step 7) Please enter your debit or credit card billing address.
Step 8) Fill out your card details.
Step 9) Click the Buy/Sell Ethereum button.
Step 10)All you need to do now is enter the amount of Ethereum that you wish to purchase. Here, we have bought $1750 of Ethereum.
Step 11) You can purchase Ethereum by clicking the Buy Instantly button.
You will see the funds in your account within minutes.
How do I fund an Ethereum wallet?
A cryptocurrency exchange is the best place to buy Ethereum for your wallet. You can easily withdraw the Ether from the exchange.
What is the best Ethereum Wallet?
Most Ethereum (ERC20) holders will find that paper or hardware wallets are the best options for their wallets.
Can an Ethereum wallet be hacked?
Yes, wallets are always subject to cyber attacks. Some types of cryptocurrency storage have more vulnerabilities than others- even if you use a reputable wallet provider and store your funds on hardware or paper rather than software-based platforms like Coinbase, there’s no guarantee that they’ll be immune from hackers!