Bitcoin has been one of the most popular cryptocurrencies around the world for more than a decade. They have developed from niche investments to mainstream investments in the past few years.
Giant companies, including Microsoft, AT&T, Starbucks, Overstock, Amazon, and Paypal, now accept bitcoin and other virtual assets as part of the payment.
If you are looking to invest your money in bitcoin or other cryptos like Ethereum, Litecoin, or altcoin, all you need to do is get an exchange app where you can buy crypto (Coinbase, SoFi, Webull, Kraken, and KuCoin all let you trade cryptocurrencies) as well as a “wallet” to store and secure your secret key code for accessing your digital assets.
Cryptocurrency offers various ways to store your digital assets online or offline and is usually available in the form of “hot” wallets or ‘cold’ wallets. (Hot wallets are used for online storage, while cold wallets are used for offline storage via hardware or external devices)
.We have compiled the best Bitcoin wallets for storing your Bitcoin secret key in this guide. Although Bitcoin may be the most popular cryptocurrency, many of these wallets also support Ethereum, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies. Many of these bitcoin wallets also support Ethereum, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies.
The Best Bitcoin Wallets: (Hardware, mobile & desktop)
- Ledger Nano X
- Ledger Nano S
- Trust Wallet
Exodus (Desktop Wallet + mobile)
Exodus is a cryptocurrency wallet with an incorporated, decentralized cryptocurrency exchange. Exodus offer 138+ digital assets for crypto-to-crypto, peer-to-peer swaps. Users have complete control over their digital assets with ease on the world’s leading Desktop, Mobile, and Hardware crypto wallets. You have the power to exchange your cryptocurrencies on a secure and straightforward interface with a built-in cryptocurrency exchange on Exodus.
Exodus supports 138 altcoins. This platform gives access to well-known coins, such as:
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ether (ETH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Lumen (XLM)
- Loom Network (LOOM)
- Graph (GRT)
- Aave (AAVE)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Polkadot (DOT)
At a glance:
- Fees- Variable spread and network fees
- Currencies – 138
- Security – Users are responsible for safely storing their crypto, as Exodus doesn’t hold funds or require personal information for accounts.
- Wallet – Hot software wallet and integrates with Trezor Model T and Trezor One
- Transactions Supported – P2P crypto-to-crypto trades
- Max. Trading Amount – Unlimited
- Apps- Mobile: Android and iOS, Desktop: Windows, Mac, and Linux
Electrum is one of the most popular Bitcoin wallets. Electrum is fast, secure, and easy to use. It suits the needs of a wide spectrum of users. It also offers users the ability to determine the level of security they wish to use. Electrum supports two-factor authentication (2FA) or a multi-signature wallet. You can also elongate your seed phrase with custom words. This means no third party can freeze or lose your funds. You are, however, still responsible for securing and backing up your Electrum wallet.
Electrum is open-source software. This means you can use and modify it for free, just like bitcoin itself.
Note: Electrum is a thin client; that means it verifies all the transactions sent to it. This is very secure and allows cold storage (storing bitcoins offline).
At a glance:
- Purchase Cost – Free
- Customizable transaction fees
- Greater level of security than most hot wallets
- NFC Support
- Cold storage: paper wallets / watch-only accounts
- Hardware wallets support (Trezor, Ledger, KeepKey)
- No ID required; no disclosure of any other identifiers; no other data collection procedures
- The app is reproducible — no fatal dependence on the development team.